Head Coach, Women’s Volleyball
Category: Sessional Instructors/Coaches
Closing Date: February 15, 2019
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We are constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre- eminent small university.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the successful candidate will be results-oriented team player with a positive can-do attitude. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist in the organization, development and implementation of a post-secondary women’s volleyball program that abides by the institution and the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) codes of ethics.
This contract position is part-time and expected to begin in March 2019.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment of student-athletes, attendance at team practices, competitions and team functions, and team
- Develop and maintain a competitive program that encourages integrity, sportsmanship, honesty and
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with student athletes, peers, media and the volleyball community will be
- A bachelor’s degree is required and a master’s degree would be considered an asset.
- Post-secondary coaching and/or playing experience will be considered an
- Completion of the NCCP coaching certification level I (or equivalent) as a minimum is required and completion of the NCCP coaching certification level II is considered an
- The preferred candidate will have elite level coaching
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team-based environment and the ability to exercise good
- The ability to work flexible hours and travel is
- Valid class 5 Drivers’ License with the ability to provide a clear current driver’s
- Must be able to pass an employment police background
Closing Date: This position competition will close on February 15, 2019. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer.
All applications should include three work-related references and salary expectations should be forwarded in confidence to:
Joel Mrak, Director of Athletics
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be