Head Coach, Badminton
Category: Sessional Instructors/Coaches
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We are constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre- eminent small university.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics & Recreation, the successful candidate will be results-oriented team player with a positive can-do attitude. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist in the organization, development and implementation of a post-secondary Badminton program that abides by the institution and the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) codes of ethics.
This contract position is a part-time position with an annual salary of $7500, and is expected to begin in August 2020.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment of student-athletes, attendance at team practices, competitions and team functions, and team
- Develop and maintain a competitive program that encourages integrity, sportsmanship, honesty and
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with student athletes, peers, media and the badminton community will be
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; A Master’s degree would be considered an asset.
- Post-secondary coaching and/or playing experience will be considered an
- Completion of the NCCP coaching certification level I (or equivalent) as a minimum would be required; completion of the NCCP coaching certification level II would be considered an
- The preferred candidate will have elite level coaching and/or playing
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team-based environment and the ability to exercise good
- The ability to work flexible hours and travel, is
- Valid class 5 Drivers’ License with the ability to provide a clear current driver’s
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check results
Closing Date: This position competition will close on Friday May 29, 2020.
All applications should include cover letter and resume with three work-related references and be forwarded in confidence to:
Joel Mrak, Director of Athletics & Recreation
Concordia University of Edmonton
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.