Closing Date: September 26, 2021
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good.
Concordia University of Edmonton is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small class sizes and our excellence in teaching. Our small classes and diverse student population provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian university system. CUE is also an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities and management. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
CUE is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for work, study, and living. We actively promote dignity for all, rejecting action and language that are harmful to mutual respect.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Graphic Designer position provides support to all CUE faculties and departments in the design and production of promotional and institutional materials year-round. Depending on the project, the position will require a combination of both on-campus and remote work.
- Develop and produce internal and external visual communication pieces for CUE in both printed format (i.e. posters, postcards, brochures, multi-page documents, signage, etc.) and digital formats (i.e. social media, internal SCALA system posts)
- Digital and by-hand illustrations for designs (when required)
- Work with external printers to get quotes, proofs and assist with revisions needed for proper printing.
- Meet with clients (CUE faculty and staff) to discuss the direction of their project and work with them as the project progresses.
- Manage Mailchimp newsletters, assist with website edits and social media posting as required
- On-campus photography including event photography, headshots, and including photo editing
- On-campus videography including single-camera interview-style video shoots and video/audio editing
- Possess a minimum of a post-secondary diploma, an undergraduate baccalaureate degree in a related field is preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite in both PC and MAC environments is required
- Basic photography/video skills; audio, photo and video production and editing skills are an asset
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms (i.e. Mailchimp) is an asset
- WordPress or website content management system experience is an asset
- Knowledge of digital software signage (i.e. Scala Enterprise) is an asset
- The ability to work independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organization and creative thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Project management, organizational and prioritizing skills, problem solving and attention to detail is imperative
- Knowledge of post-secondary educational systems an asset
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check results
Closing Date: Application review will commence on September 27th, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please include a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources, Concordia University of Edmonton firstname.lastname@example.org
Concordia University of Edmonton encourages applications from members of racialized groups, visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, women, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression, and others who may support a diversity of perspectives at CUE. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.