Fund Development Assistant
Category: CUE Students Only
Closing Date: September 19, 2021
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good.
CUE campus is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small class sizes and our excellence in teaching. Our small classes and diverse student population provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian university system. CUE is an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities and management. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
CUE is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for work, study, and living. We actively promote dignity for all, rejecting action and language that are harmful to mutual respect.
As a part of the Community Relations department, this role will have an opportunity to work with the Director, Community Relations and Administrator, External Affairs and International Relations to assist in administrative tasks related to fundraising activities. The successful applicant/student will benefit by getting hands-on experience using Raiser’s Edge software, as well as assisting with other tasks in the community relations area.
This role will report to the Director of Community Relations, and will support administrative tasks related to fundraising and alumni relations.
- Issue monthly tax receipts for all donors
- Issue Thank You letters to donors
- Clean and organize donor lists and information
- Clean and organize community relations lists of contacts
- Assist in donor mail outs and prepare mailing lists
- Update Raiser’s Edge software by ensuring all donor information is accurate and up to date
- Provide various reports in Raiser’s Edge such as monthly and annual donations, event related donations, etc.
- Manage and post to associated development social media accounts.
- Assist with marketing of upcoming events.
- Currently be attending Concordia University of Edmonton
- Experience and/or strong interest in fundraising, community engagement and donor relations
- Strong communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write creative donor-centric letters
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word (including ability to mail) and Excel
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and on a team is essential
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check results
The Fund Development Assistant position will generally work remotely. If required to be on-campus, all CUE health and safety protocols and procedures must be followed. This includes wearing appropriate face covering in common areas while on campus, for the duration of each shift.
Expected Start Date: Late September 2021
Hours of work: Approximately 16-20 hours per week, ongoing
Closing Date: September 19th, 2021
To apply, please include a cover letter and resume in confidence to: Jelena Bojic, Director of Community Relations at Jelena.email@example.com
Concordia University of Edmonton encourages applications from members of racialized groups, visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, women, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression, and others who may support a diversity of perspectives at CUE. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.