Field Experiences Coordinator
Concordia University of Edmonton is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good.
Concordia University of Edmonton is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of approximately 2500, Concordia is known for its small class sizes and its excellence in teaching. Our small classes, and diverse student population, provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian University system. Concordia is also an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities and management.
The Faculty of Education at Concordia University of Edmonton is seeking applications for the position of Field Experiences Coordinator. This is an academic staff officer position. The main function of this position is placing students in the 4-week and 9-week practica, and counseling students prior, during and post practicum. Secondary functions include data collection, reporting, and presentation of key Faculty of Education information.
- Post secondary education at the Bachelor level—BEd preferred
- Experience in the K-12 Alberta school environment preferred
- Developing and maintaining relationships with school based personnel in Alberta School Jurisdictions
- Matching cooperating teachers with student teachers to ensure a successful practicum
- Assigning all student teachers in Year 1 and Year 2 (BEd After Degree) to cooperating teachers
- Recruiting and maintaining roster of university facilitators
- Maintaining and updating all Field Experiences documentation as needed
- Maintaining and updating historical data related to placements and satisfaction of educational partners
- Maintaining financial records related to all placement functions
- Preparing and leading 10 Field Experiences seminars with Year 1 students
- Maintaining consistency with Concordia University of Edmonton’s policies and procedures
- Providing support to the Dean of Education in the administration of the Faculty of Education
Interested individuals may contact Dr. Edgar Schmidt, Dean, Faculty of Education for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Application review will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer.
Application packages should include:
- Cover letter (including citizenship/immigration status declaration);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Two confidential professional references
Please forward all documents to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.