Director, Student Life and Learning (12-month contract)
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We’re constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
Reporting to the Vice President of Student Life & Learning, the Director leads a team of Learning Services, Career Services, Residence Life, and Learning Accommodations Services professionals. This team provides supports for students that encourage academic, social, and mental wellbeing.
- Lead and represent Student Life & Learning in day-to-day operations, ensuring safety of students and consistent and exceptional student service
- Support and facilitate activities amongst staff, students and community partners that ensures the University achieves its student leadership development and engagement goals
- Provide advice on policies and procedures in relation to students and services for students, including risk management
- Collaborate with Student Life and Learning staff to support students in academic or personal distress, effectively referring them to additional campus and community resources
- Plan, organize, and direct activities and services that support students and ensure that these remain with budgetary limits
- Masters within Student Affairs, Education Administration, or similar
- Five (5) years demonstrated experience in a post-secondary educational institution
- Expertise in both student learning supports and student life; this position oversees Learning Services (Tutoring and Writing Centre), Residence Life, Career Services, and Learning Accommodations Services
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to provide direction, mentorship and support
- Highly motivated, independent, adaptive, flexible self-starter
- Possesses excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Promotes cohesion and teamwork, facilitating a collaborative and supportive environment
- Knowledge of Concordia University of Edmonton’s culture, challenges, goals, and stakeholders would be considered an asset
Closing Date: Application review will continue until the position is filled.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.