Contract Sessional Instructor – Mathematical Sciences
Category: Sessional Instructors/Coaches
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We’re constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
The Faculty of Science invites applications for the role of a Contract Sessional for a one-year term beginning in the Fall 2019 academic term. The teaching assignment is up to 15 contact hours per semester but could be less if administrative duties are assigned. The annual salary of $55,000 also entitles you to our comprehensive health and dental benefits package.
- Teach at the undergraduate level using multi-model learning strategies; and
- Administrative work in the program as assigned by the department Chair.
- Master’s degree with 5 years or more of university teaching in mathematics is required, PhD is preferred;
- Must demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching; and
- Applications will only be considered from those eligible to work in Canada.
Interested individuals may contact Dr. Vladimir Pitchko, Chair, Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org. or Dr. Rossitza Marinova at email@example.com.
Application packages must include:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Transcripts of all graduate-level courses;
- A teaching portfolio including a statement on teaching philosophy; and
- Contact information of three individual references.
Closing Date: Application review will commence April 26, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Candidates must be able to successfully pass an employment security check.
Please forward all documents in electronic format to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.