Clinical PsyD Program Director (Full Professor)
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) seeks a new faculty member to build and lead a proposed Doctor of Clinical Psychology (PsyD) program in the Department of Psychology within the Faculty of Arts.
Reporting to the Dean of Arts, the Director will initially work with the Psychology Department, CUE’s administration, and the Government of Alberta (Advanced Education), to finalize and secure the PsyD program approval. Upon receiving final approval, the Director’s role will involve responsibilities for PsyD course development, clinical supervision, research training, comprehensive examinations, dissertation supervision, and teaching. We will be seeking full Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) accreditation for the PsyD program. The successful candidate will also oversee our current graduate diploma and certificate programs in Psychological Assessment. We welcome applications from Canadian citizens and qualified international candidates.
Requirements for the position include:
- A PsyD or PhD in Clinical Psychology from a CPA or APA-accredited program or international equivalent.
- University-level teaching experience in a clinical program; more than five years is preferred.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, full registration as a Psychologist, in good standing, in a Canadian province or territory.
- Clinical supervision experience in assessment and intervention.
- A demonstrated record of a strong research program, through a record of scholarly publication, grant funding, and supervision of graduate students.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially as a team leader and member.
All applications should be sent directly to Human Resources (see below). If you have questions related to the position you may contact CUE’s Dean of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an exciting growth opportunity for the successful candidate to make a significant contribution to our diverse students, the Department of Psychology, the community of applied psychologists in Edmonton and Alberta, and the broader community.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until it is filled with a suitable candidate.
Salary will be commensurate with assigned duties, qualifications, and experience.
Application packages should include:
- A cover letter (including a statement of citizenship/immigration status);
- Current curriculum vitae, including a list of refereed publications;
- A teaching portfolio including a record of clinical supervision training and contributions;
- Recent student evaluations of university teaching (if applicable);
- A statement describing past experience in activities that promote diversity and inclusion, broadly understood, and/or plans to make future contributions; and
- Three confidential professional and/or post-secondary letters of reference forwarded to the following address under separate cover by the referees.
Please forward all documents in hard-copy or electronic format to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
Tel: (780) 479-9213
Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.