Career Services Manager
Closing Date: July 2, 2019
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We’re constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
Within CUE, Student Life and Learning includes a diverse range of student services: Counselling, Residence Services, Learning Accommodation Services, Career Services, and Learning Services.
Reporting to the Director of Student Life and Learning, the Career Services Manager is a full-time permanent stand-alone position responsible for:
- Educating and coaching students on effective resume, cover letter writing, and interview skills
- Providing career exploration tools and working with students as they develop career plans
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining a multi-pronged employer engagement strategy
- Collaborating with the Student Life team and developing positive internal relationships with staff and faculty
- Creating methods for effective service data collection to analyze deliverables and meet goals within Career Services
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 5 years of work related experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A student-first approach to student services, with strong interpersonal, written communication, and advising skills
- Excellent networking skills, a strong network, and the ability to represent CUE in the wider community
- Expertise in effective career development tools and resources
- Experience planning fairs and events, managing projects, and delivering workshops and training
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, with the ability to work independently
- An enthusiastic team player ready to collaborate with staff, faculty, and our Student Life team to provide exceptional student service
- Demonstrated ability to work with personal information within privacy legislation and university policies.
- Successful clear criminal record check (completed at hire).
Closing Date: July 2, 2019. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers of three work-related references in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.