Campus Wellness Coordinator (4.5 month contract)
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We’re constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
The Campus Wellness Coordinator will contribute to the CUE mandate of supporting the well-being of students by contributing to the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of wellness and health promotion efforts. The person in this role will assist in coordinating collaborative efforts among health and wellness stakeholders at CUE and serve as an advocate for student wellness needs.
The Campus Wellness Coordinator will support the development and implementation of outreach strategies, educational programs, and interventions to support the mental, emotional, and physical health of students.
Reporting to Vice-President, Student Life and Learning, Campus Wellness Coordinator will work closely with all levels of Concordia in an effort to support our students. The successful candidate is responsible for the following tasks:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across CUE and contribute to CUE efforts to improve the well-being of students
- Contribute to the development of educational and communication materials
- Assist with assessment and evaluation efforts to inform ongoing needs, and determine the effectiveness
- Plan wellness events and educational workshops on health promotion and well-being topics
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Any other assigned duties
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on health promotion, health education, public health or other related discipline with some related work experience.
- Experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, with the ability to work independently
- An enthusiastic team player ready to collaborate with staff, faculty, and our Student Life team to provide exceptional student service
- Demonstrated ability to work with personal information within privacy legislation and university policies.
- Successful clear criminal record check (completed at hire).
Closing Date: Application review will continue until the position is filled. This position is on a 4.5-month contract basis.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.