Business Development Specialist, Centre for Applied Artificial Intelligence (Part-time Contract Position)
Closing Date: January 27, 2020
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) strives to be a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective leaders in their occupations, and citizens for the common good.
CUE is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of approximately 2,500, we are known for our small class sizes and our excellence in teaching. Our small classes and diverse student population provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in our research activities.
Our Centre for Applied Artificial Intelligence (CAAI) is student-learning oriented with two separate activities; industry artificial intelligence education and engagement, and applied artificial intelligence technology development and commercialization.
Our CAAI is looking for a part-time Business Development Specialist to join our team at this exciting growth stage as we increase our industry outreach. The Business Development Specialist is highly diligent, thoughtful, self-starter, works well with a small team, adaptive and demonstrates a strong desire to learn and engage. This position is a .50 FTE, with a contract end date of March 31, 2022.
Grows a pipeline of business development opportunities and market research through:
- Broad market research to help identify clients within the two current areas as well as unrelated future areas
- Use data to design and execute experiments to grow adoption
- Define value propositions for targeted industries or workloads, set adoption goals and contribute to the go-to-market plan and partner/ecosystem strategies
- Engage with service owners and partner teams to identify AI integration opportunities
- Develop partnerships with related technology companies
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent
- Technical skills in application development, predictive analytics and/or data integration
- Experience working in an AI start-up environment or organizations with an agile culture
- Demonstrated success in building client pipeline
- Professional attitude and service orientation/superb team player
- Good written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross-functional team
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check results
Position Type: This is a part-time temporary position, ending March 31, 2022.
Closing Date: Application review will commence on January 27, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please include a cover letter and resume in confidence to: Human Resources,
Concordia University of Edmonton email@example.com
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.