Assistant Professor, Master of Information System Security
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good. CUE is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for work, study, and living. We actively promote dignity for all, rejecting action and language that are harmful to mutual respect.
CUE is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small class sizes and excellence in teaching. These features, and our diverse student population, provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian university system. CUE is an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities and management.
CUE’s Information Systems Security and Assurance department, within the Faculty of Management, offers masters and graduate degrees in Information Systems Security and Assurance. The degree programs are designed to offer a broad-based, comprehensive study of subjects as pillars for training top-notch cybersecurity and information systems auditing professionals. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and continued success of our curriculum tracks.
There are two open positions. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to provide broad academic leadership in program development, curriculum development, research, and experiential learning for the programs in the areas of theoretical and applied approaches to support the learning process and student success.
These positions are available to begin July 1, 2021, or shortly thereafter.
- PhD in cybersecurity, computer science, computer engineering, software programming, or other relevant IT disciplines, at the time of hiring.
- An active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) professional designation, or the ability/willingness to become CISSP certified within one year after the start of employment. Other relevant professional cybersecurity and assurance designations and certifications would be considered an asset.
- Excellence in both research and teaching, or strong potential to develop such excellence.
- A willingness and ability to take on academic administrative duties.
- Knowledge of academic programs, with a commitment and ability to advance the quality and content of programs, courses, initiatives and the student learning experience.
The normal graduate teaching assignment is 9 hours per semester. In addition, the successful candidate will assume academic administrative duties and be committed to growing the diversity of and building professional relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the broader community.
Interested individuals may contact Dr. Alison Yacyshyn for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please forward your complete application package to Human Resources, as specified below.
Closing Date: Application review will commence on December 4, 2020, and continue until the positions are filled.
Please note that the positions are subject to budgetary approval.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience as per Concordia’s Faculty Association Collective Agreement: https://concordia.ab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Collective-Agreement-2016-2021-FINAL-signed-April-21-2017.pdf
Application packages to include:
- A cover letter (including a statement of citizenship/immigration status);
- Current curriculum vitae, including a list of refereed publications;
- Official transcripts of all graduate-level courses;
- A teaching portfolio including a statement on teaching philosophy;
- A research statement;
- Recent student evaluations of university teaching (if applicable); and
- A statement describing past experience in activities that promote diversity and inclusion, broadly understood, and/or plans to make future contributions.
The successful candidate must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
Please forward a complete application package to CUE Human Resources at email@example.com.
Note that shortlisted candidates will be requested to provide three confidential professional and/or post-secondary letters of reference.
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.