Assistant Professor- Master of Information System Security (MISSM)
Closing Date: February 14, 2019
Concordia University of Edmonton is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good. Concordia’s Faculty of Management is seeking candidates for two (2) Assistant Professor of Information Systems Security positions starting on July 1st, 2019.
Concordia’s Information Systems Security and Assurance department offers masters and graduate diploma degrees in Information Systems Security and Assurance. The degree programs are designed to offer a broad-based, comprehensive study of subjects as pillars for training top-notch cybersecurity and information systems auditing professionals. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and continued success of our curriculum tracks.
Requirements for the position include:
- A doctoral degree in cybersecurity, computer science, computer engineering, software programming, or other relevant IT disciplines, at the time of hiring.
- An active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) professional designation, or the ability/willingness to become CISSP certified within one year after the start of employment. Other relevant professional cybersecurity and assurance designations and certifications would be considered an asset.
- Evidence of successful university or college level instruction.
- A demonstrated ability to work collegially as a team member.
- Experience in, or potential for, administrative work is considered an asset.
- Ability to effectively supervise graduate students in a collaborative research setting with the aim of annually producing several research deliverables that are worthy of presentation at / publication in top tier conferences and/or publications.
The normal graduate teaching assignment is 6 hours per semester in the first year and 9 hours per semester for subsequent years. In addition, the successful candidate must assume academic administrative duties and will be committed to growing the diversity of and building professional relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the broader community.
Closing Date: This position will be filled subject to budget approval. Application review will commence February 15th, 2019. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience as per Concordia’s Faculty Association Collective Agreement.
Application packages should include:
- A cover letter (including a statement of citizenship/immigration status);
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of refereed publications;
- Transcripts of all graduate-level courses;
- A teaching portfolio including a statement on teaching philosophy;
- Recent student evaluations;
- A statement describing past experience in activities that promote diversity and inclusion, broadly understood, and/or plans to make future contributions; and
- Three confidential professional and/or post-secondary letters of reference forwarded to the following address under separate cover by the referees.
Please forward all documents to:
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.