Assistant Professor, Accounting
Closing Date: March 14, 2020
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) strives to be a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective leaders in their occupations, and citizens for the common good. CUE’s Faculty of Management invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in Accounting, Mihalcheon School of Management, Faculty of Management. This position is available to begin on July 1, 2020.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide broad academic leadership in program development, curriculum development, research, and experiential learning for the programs in the Faculty in the areas of theoretical and applied approaches to support the learning process and student success.
Our Faculty observes a teaching model that provides collaborative and engaging learning experience in our areas of emphasis and our research initiatives. Responsibilities will include teaching at the undergraduate level using multi-model learning strategies and case-study methods, conducting and publishing research in good quality peer-reviewed journals, and service to the School’s academic activities.
Requirements for the position include:
- Completion of a PhD in Accounting. The doctoral dissertation and publications should clearly focus on the designated area of expertise.
- University-level teaching experience. Demonstrated teaching excellence at the bachelor level in field of study, or a related field in face to face and/or online environments with the ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners.
- Evidence of an effective ongoing program of academic research.
- Knowledge of academic programs, with a commitment and ability, to advance the quality and content of programs, courses, initiatives and the student learning experience.
- Experience in the integration and use of adult learning principles in curriculum design, delivery and assessment, particularly at the bachelor level, an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially as a team member with a variety of teams and stakeholder groups, such as CPA.
- Proficiency with Google Email and Apps, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and familiarity with educational technologies, with an aptitude to learn other software as required.
- Industry experience would be an asset.
- Professional designations e.g. CA, CPA or CGA. Other related designations will be considered.
The normal undergraduate teaching assignment is 9 hours per semester in the first year and 12 hours per semester for subsequent years. CUE provides opportunities for reductions in teaching for the purposes of pursuing research.
Candidates ready to take their career to the next level and contribute to a growing faculty are welcome to apply.
Closing Date: Please note that this position is subject to budgetary approval. Applications will be accepted until March 14, 2020.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience as per Concordia’s Faculty Association Collective Agreement
Application packages should include:
- A cover letter (including a statement of citizenship/immigration status);
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of refereed publications;
- Transcripts of all graduate-level courses;
- A teaching portfolio including a statement on teaching philosophy;
- Recent student evaluations;
- A statement describing past experience in activities that promote diversity and inclusion, broadly understood, and/or plans to make future contributions; and
- Note that shortlisted candidates will be requested to provide three confidential professional and/or post-secondary letters of reference.
The successful candidate must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
Please forward a complete application package to email@example.com.
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.