Assistant Director, Student Life and Learning
Closing Date: October 21, 2021
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good.
CUE campus is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small class sizes and our excellence in teaching. Our small classes and diverse student population provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian university system. CUE is an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities and management. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
CUE is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for work, study, and living. We actively promote dignity for all, rejecting action and language that are harmful to mutual respect.
The Assistant Director, Student Life and Learning oversees the Career Services department, leads strategic relationships with employers, manages the Career Services Advisor and provides direction in terms of long-term planning and program development. In addition, this role coordinates and delivers the CUE Commitment program, which facilitates academic and career skills development for CUE students.
This role is responsible for some strategic program development and experiential learning in collaboration with faculties and the office of External Affairs and International Relations, and will maintain and develop employer relationships while also planning the Career and Volunteer Fairs and other employer or networking events.
Please Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at CUE.
- Establishes and maintains employer relations, sharing information about CUE’s programs and students and representing CUE in Edmonton and across Alberta
- Plans and hosts Career Services events including Volunteer Fair, Career Week, and employer information and networking sessions
- Coordinates, delivers, and evaluates the Concordia Commitment program, including academic skill development and career development material
- Provides career advising and workshop facilitation as needed, to increase the advising capacity of the Career Services team
- Provides leadership in the areas of learning design, pedagogy, career development, and program evaluation for the entire Student Life and Learning team, but especially Career Services
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree with 5-7 years of Career Advising/Development experience required. Master’s degree or diploma preferred.
- Post-secondary teaching and/or facilitation experience required.
- A strong network within Edmonton and Alberta and the ability to represent CUE students and programs professionally and enthusiastically.
- Understanding of career development theories, adult learning principles, and the ability to provide strategic leadership required. Experience with program design, development, and evaluation preferred.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check results
Closing Date: Application review will commence on October 21st, 2021.
To apply, please include a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources at Concordia University of Edmonton email@example.com
Concordia University of Edmonton encourages applications from members of racialized groups, visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, women, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression, and others who may support a diversity of perspectives at CUE. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.