Assistant Coach Women’s Basketball
Category: Sessional Instructors/Coaches
The Department of Athletics invites applications for a Women’s Basketball – Assistant Coach for our Thunder Women’s Basketball team. Please note this position is expected to begin in September 2017.
As an experienced athletics coach, we are looking for a results-oriented team player with a positive can-do attitude to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist in the organization, development and implementation of a post-secondary basketball program that abides by the institution and the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) codes of ethics.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment of student-athletes; attendance at team practices, competitions and team functions; and team fundraising.
- Assist the head coach to develop and maintain a competitive program that encourages integrity, sportsmanship, honesty and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with student athletes, peers, media and the basketball community will be essential.
- Post-secondary coaching and/or playing experience will be considered, an asset.
- Completion of the NCCP coaching certification level I (or equivalent) as a minimum would be considered an asset
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team-based environment and the ability to exercise good judgement.
- The ability to work flexible hours and travel, is required.
Please note: The position is part-time and paid an honorarium based contract.
Closing Date: The position will remain open until a successful candidate is hired. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Concordia Athletics; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.