Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Developer (Computer Vision)
Closing Date: September 15, 2020
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Developer – Computer Vision emphasis
Centre for Applied Artificial Intelligence
(Part-time Temporary Position)
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) strives to be a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective leaders in their occupations, and citizens for the common good.
CUE is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small class sizes and our excellence in teaching. Our small classes and diverse student population provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in our research activities.
Our Centre for Applied Artificial Intelligence (CAAI) is student-learning oriented with two separate activities; industry artificial intelligence education and engagement, and applied artificial intelligence technology development and commercialization.
Our CAAI is looking for a part-time Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning Developer with a focus on Computer Vision, to work with CUE clients on a diverse range of applied artificial intelligence-based projects ranging from traditional machine learning and data mining algorithms, deep learning-based natural language processing and information extraction, with an emphasis on computer vision and image processing.
The ML Developer (Computer Vision) will work within the CAAI team alongside an ML Developer (Natural Language Processing) and in collaboration with researchers and others at CUE.
This position has a contract end date of March 31, 2021 with opportunity for renewal. The ML Developer will mostly work remotely. If the ML Developer is required to work on campus, they must follow all health and safety protocols and procedures. This includes wearing appropriate face covering while on campus for the duration of each shift.
- Provides technical leadership on projects
- Provides mentorship to our clients, CUE students and faculty working on applied AI projects
- Researches machine learning methods to solve challenging problems
- Participates in team planning sessions
- Participates in technical meetings with clients
- Identifies opportunities for the promotion of the Centre’s activities
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technology/engineering
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of mathematical modeling and statistics
- Five years of software development in Python and one years’ experience in other high-level programming languages (C++, Java, C#)
- Experience using Python to build data-science/ML solutions
- Cloud experience (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check results
Position Type: This is a part-time temporary position working approximately 18.75 hours per week. The position has an end date of March 31, 2021 with the opportunity for renewal.
Closing Date: Application review will commence on September 15, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please include a cover letter and resume in confidence to: Human Resources, Concordia University of Edmonton firstname.lastname@example.org
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.