Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Developer, Centre for Applied Artificial Intelligence (Part-time Contract Position)
Closing Date: January 27, 2020
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) strives to be a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective leaders in their occupations, and citizens for the common good.
CUE is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of approximately 2,500, we are known for our small class sizes and our excellence in teaching. Our small classes and diverse student population provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in our research activities.
Our Centre for Applied Artificial Intelligence (CAAI) is student-learning oriented with two separate activities; industry artificial intelligence education and engagement, and applied artificial intelligence technology development and commercialization.
Our CAAI is looking for a part-time Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning Developer to work with CUE clients on a diverse range of applied artificial intelligence-based projects ranging from traditional machine learning and data mining algorithms, through to image processing, deep learning advanced natural language processing and information extraction. This position is a .50 FTE, with a contract end date of March 31, 2022.
- Provides technical leadership on projects
- Provides mentorship to our clients, CUE students and faculty working on applied AI projects
- Researches machine learning methods to solve challenging problems
- Participates in team planning sessions
- Participates in infrequent technical meetings with clients
- Identifies opportunities for the promotion of the Centre’s activities
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technology or engineering
- Experience of the fundamentals of mathematical modeling and statistics
- Five plus years of software development in Python and one plus years’ experience in other high-level programming language (C++, Java, C#)
- Experience with Python to build data solutions
- High performance batch and real-time data/machine learning pipes
- Cloud experience (AWS preferable)
- Nice to have: Tensorflow/Tensorflow Transform/Tensorflow serving and/or PyTorch; Kubernetes/Kubeflow; Stream processing and REST
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check results
Position Type: This is a part-time temporary position, ending March 31, 2022.
Closing Date: Application review will commence on January 27, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please include a cover letter and resume in confidence to: Human Resources,
Concordia University of Edmonton email@example.com
Concordia University of Edmonton is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.