Closing Date: January 25, 2019
Concordia University of Edmonton is seeking Admission Advisors, reporting to the Assistant Registrar, Admissions. Our Admission Advisors work closely together with a student-orientated focus committed to providing service excellence to domestic and international applicants, educational partners and agents. The position is available to start April 1, 2019.
As the first point of contact, the Admissions Advisor is responsible for providing high quality front-line service and creating a welcoming environment that promotes a sense of belonging for prospective applicants, students, employees and the public.
Admission Assessment, Transfer Credit Evaluation and Applicant Follow-up
- Receive, process, and assess applications for admission for all undergraduate, continuing education and non-credit programs for admission and transfer credit.
- Receive, process, and assess for initial eligibility for professional and graduate programs and make appropriate recommendations.
- Review all applications for completeness, the evaluation of academic transcripts and calculation of admissions GPAs.
- Conduct appropriate follow-up for all related parts of the applicant record to encourage conversion.
- Review and assess high school and post-secondary credentials for preliminary entrance scholarship adjudication and transfer credit evaluation.
- Utilizes online sources/tools to interpret international credentials, credits and grades into Canadian equivalents so they can be used as part of the student record.
- Assists in the scanning and maintenance of electronic records keeping.
- Advise students whose application has been rejected about available options to meet admission standards.
- Verify credential authenticity and maintain accurate student records (paper and electronic).
- Generates all correspondence for incompletes and rejected applications.
- Request and follow-up with transcript requests and error messages using the ApplyAlberta production site and individual student follow-up.
- As the first point of contact, the admissions advisor is responsible for providing high quality front-line service and creating a welcoming environment that promotes a sense of belonging for prospective applicants, students, employees and the public.
- Advise prospective students and their parents/family on Concordia programs and services, admissions requirements, and career options.
- Advise clients on other post-secondary programs, such as professional and graduate programs that may not be available at Concordia or may latter to another institutions program.
- Advise students whose application has been rejected about available options to meet admission standards, including advising related to registration and course/program selection for rescinded offers and alternate programming.
- Maintain a strong customer service focus with all applicants, educational partners and bodies, authorized representatives, faculty and other clientele.
- Participation in special events, including Open Houses, Information Nights, Counsellor’s Brunch, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess an undergraduate baccalaureate degree with proven customer service experience. A minimum of two years’ experience in a post-secondary environment in the area of admissions, recruitment, or the registrar’s office is a definite asset.
- Effective cross-cultural, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, record-keeping, and ability to maintain professionalism and courtesy in answering/delivering telephone and email messages and in one-on-one advising appointments.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to modify duties when required.
- Ability to exercise good judgement within established guidelines and capable of working with frequent disturbances.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with Google Docs, is required with an aptitude to learn other software as required.
- Knowledge of post-secondary education systems, requirements, policies and the evaluation of credentials and admission documents would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to pass an Edmonton Police Service (EPS) security clearance and provide a clear current driver’s abstract.
Closing Date: Application review will commence after January 25, 2019. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
All applications should include a resume and cover letter with three work-related references and salary expectations. Please forward the application in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.