Executive Assistant – President’s Office
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We’re constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to be more than students and professors, to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
Concordia University of Edmonton is currently seeking an Executive Assistant for the President’s Office. Reporting to the University Secretary, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing overall administrative support to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant will be required to perform an array of administrative duties including secretarial and receptionist duties. The successful candidate will have a strong client focus, and be able to work successfully with a wide variety of stakeholders within the Concordia University of Edmonton community and beyond.
- Provide administrative support to the Office of the President.
- Coordinate activities, manage calendars, coordinate/schedule internal and external appointments, meetings, and other events, including making room reservations and arranging for catering and supplies for the Office of the President.
- Complete and review all expense reports, invoices, and other relevant monetary documents.
- Review and prepare assigned documents, reports and other correspondence materials for the Office of the President. This includes, but is not limited to, writing speeches, letters and policy drafts.
- Courteously receive and screen all in-bound calls, emails, and visitors. Screen and respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries. Review, evaluate and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Serve as secretary for various committees by creating and distributing meeting agendas, taking minutes, maintaining accurate records, and ensuring proper procedures for effective committee work.
- Brief and/or provide proposed agendas, relevant background information, and reminders to the President prior to important meetings and events.
- Lead or assist in event planning for various events relating to the President’s Office.
- Oversee travel and accommodation arrangements for the President. Prepare the expense reports and arrange for authorization.
- Assist with managing institutional policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Assist with report and presentation preparation.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels and place orders as required.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a senior administrative role in addition to an administrative diploma.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Proficient use of various Microsoft Office and Google based software.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal form with strong attention to detail, grammar, and spelling;
- Excellent organizational skills and experience in working with competing deadlines and with a large degree of independence;
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism and sound judgment;
- Ability to be flexible to support the timelines and deliverables of team members
- Familiarity with an academic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team player.
Salary range: commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: Application review will commence on September 11, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
To apply, please include a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.