Administrative Assistant, Academic Administration Office
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We’re constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to be more than students and professors, to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
CUE is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant in the Academic Administration Office to provide administrative support to the Assistant Vice-President Academic/Dean of Graduate Studies and Director, Institutional Research and Program Development. The successful candidate will have a strong client-focus, will support collaboration, and will be able to work with a wide variety of stakeholders within the Concordia University of Edmonton community.
- Act as point of contact for inquiries from both the public and members of the Concordia University of Edmonton community, exercising judgement on how best to respond;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of email lists, work plans, manage calendar schedules and other administrative and planning documents;
- Serve as secretary for various committees by creating and distributing meeting agendas, taking minutes, maintaining accurate records, and ensuring proper procedures for effective committee work;
- Coordinate appointments, group meetings, and events, including making room reservations, preparing necessary materials, arranging for catering and supplies, and assisting in the hosting of events including co-ordination with the Graduate Student Association;
- Assist with the administration of cyclical reviews, curriculum program development, and administrative reviews;
- Support and assist in searching and collecting relevant data and information for policy and program development;
- Support the development and maintenance of spreadsheets for the tracking of program development and reviews;
- Make travel arrangements as required and process related expense claims;
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements and assist with the budgeting;
- Assist with on-going projects to enhance processes and procedures;
- Assist with correspondence and document preparation;
- Consistently offer professional and friendly service in the course of daily business;
- Support fellow administrative assistants as required, including shared part-time receptionist duties; and
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of two – four years of work experience in addition to an administrative diploma;
- Able to type a minimum of 50 words per minute;
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office (specifically, Word & Excel) with an aptitude to learn other software;
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal form with a strong attention to detail, grammar, and spelling;
- Experience in working with competing deadlines and with a large degree of independence;
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism and sound judgement;
- Ability to be flexible to support the timelines and deliverables of team members
- Familiarity with an academic environment would be an asset; and
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
Salary range: $42,000 to $50,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: Application review will commence and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
To apply, please include cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.