Thank you for your interest in applying for our residence program. We are proud of our program and are always excited at the prospect of adding new members to our community. In order to maintain the integrity of our program, we carefully screen all applicants.
Students apply for admission to Concordia University of Edmonton’s campus residence separately from academic admission. On-campus accommodation is limited and is granted on a contract basis for the full academic year (September – April) or on a semester basis (September to December or January or April).
Follow the instructions below to apply for residence online.
STEP 1: Reading the Residence Life Policies & Procedures
Before you complete any of the application material, we ask that you review the Residence Life Policies & Procedures, which outlines the philosophy and guidelines of our residence life program. We welcome your application, but we also want you to understand the scope of our program before you apply.
STEP 2: Applying
1. Complete the online application. It will take approximately 15 minutes to complete the online application. There is no application fee.
2. If you prefer to fill out the forms by hand, you can find PDF versions of the application forms below. Download and complete the University Residence Application form – ensure that you have answered all the questions and that the information is correct. We consider only those applications that are fully completed. Download and complete the Roommate Questionnaire which helps us to match you with a compatible roommate.
After filling out the necessary forms, you can return the forms by:
Concordia Residence Office
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Blvd.
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
Fax: +1 780.479.9240
We will only consider your application after we have received both the completed University Residence Application form and the completed Roommate Questionnaire.
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that applications be submitted by June 30th, 2018, in order to secure a space in residence.
Residence Application Forms
STEP 3: Personal Interview
We may contact you for a personal interview if there are further questions or concerns regarding your residence application.
STEP 4: Acceptance to Residence
Once we have received all the necessary forms and conducted an interview (if necessary), we will inform you that you have been conditionally accepted into the residence program. All residence communication is conducted through the email address you have provided on your residence application. Once conditionally accepted, your space in the residence will be reserved for a limited amount of time. In order to confirm you space in residence, you must pay a $500 Residence Security Deposit and sign and return the Residence Contract included with your letter of Conditional Acceptance within the timeframe given on the letter. *Priority may be given to applicants residing outside of the greater Edmonton area.
Additional Deposit Information: Returning students may be required to top up their Residence Security Deposit if charges were assessed to it in the previous academic year.
Cancellations in advance of move-in are subject to the following policies:
- If you are not admitted into an academic program at Concordia University of Edmonton, you will be refunded the full $500 Security Deposit provided you submit a Residence Cancellation Form and a copy of your letter of non-acceptance to Concordia Residence via email, registered mail, fax, or in person.
- If you must cancel your residence application due to medical reasons, you will be refunded the full $500 Security Deposit provided you submit a Residence Cancellation Form with proof of medical reason to Concordia Residence via email, registered mail, fax, or in person.
- Partial refunds of the Security Deposit will be issued in the following circumstances:
- A $400 refund will be issued if the Residence Cancellation Form is received before July 31, 2018 for Fall semester Admission or November 30, 2018 for Winter Semester Admission.
- A $250 refund will be issued if the Residence Cancellation Form is received after July 31, 2018, but before September 1, 2018 for Fall Semester Admission, or after November 30, 2018, but before January 1, 2019 for Winter Semester Admission.
- Cancellations on/after September 1, 2018 for Fall Semester Admission or January 1, 2019 for Winter Semester Admission are not eligible for a refund except as noted above.
If you have any questions after reading the Residence Life Policies & Procedures and the forms, don’t hesitate to call the Residence Office at +1 780.479.9349.