Concordia University of Edmonton has adopted the procedures and requirements outlined in the Tri-Agency Financial Administration Guide with respect to financial compliance and research funds. All expense claims relating to research activity must be signed by the claimant, the Centre Director where relevant, and finally must be approved by the Vice President International & Research. Claims in the following areas require this approval:
a) External research grants (for example, SSHRC, NSERC, and all others).
b) Internal research grants (including ASU grants, student grants, and all other internal grants).
c) Expenses relating to activities of the Canadian Centre for Scholarship and the Christian Faith must first be approved by Director Dr. Bill Anderson, or for expenses related to the Worship Music Symposium, Dr. Joy Berg.
The procedure for submitting claims is as follows:
1) Ensure that the claim is consistent with eligible expenses as outlined in the Tri-Agency Financial Administration Guide.
- Summary of the process and expense eligibility
- Comprehensive powerpoint presentation
- Our policy relating to travel expenses
2) Ensure that you have used the correct claim form. The form MUST be current or the claim will not be processed. Current forms can be found below.
3) Ensure that you have provided all supporting documentation, including all receipts, boarding passes for travel, and adequate descriptive information on the purpose and nature of the expense claim.
4) If your expense relates to activities of the Canadian Centre for Scholarship and the Christian Faith please have it approved by Director Dr. Bill Anderson, or for expenses related to the Worship Music Symposium, Dr. Joy Berg.
5) Submit your expense claim to Lainna ElJabi, Research Officer , who will review the claim for compliance and seek approval from the Vice President International & Research, Dr. Manfred Zeuch.
It is essential that your claim contains the current form, adequate documentation such as receipts and boarding passes, and adequate descriptions as to the nature and purpose of the expense. Claims that do not provide this or do not follow the procedure outline above will not be processed.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Manfred Zeuch in the Academic Administration Office.
Current Forms and Links
Please go the the G Drive – Information for Faculty and Staff, Financial to find the current Cheque requisition form, Expense Claim form, Travel Advance Claim form, Travel Expense claim form, Lost Receipt declaration form.