Working as an integral part of the Student Life and Learning team, the Math E-Tutor is responsible for providing leadership and support services to ensure student success for mathematical studies.
This position is expected to last from September 19, 2016 to December 19, 2016, with the possibility of extension.
- Establish regular tutoring hours (2 hours per week)
- Providing math assistance to undergraduate and graduate students in the review and development of individual math assignments as well as overall mathematical skills.
- Requires a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in mathematics or a related field, and candidates with graduate degrees will be given preference.
- Experience in higher education, including two or more years of demonstrated experience in math teaching or tutoring (basic math, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, and statistics) is necessary, and experience in online learning and program development is strongly advantageous.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently.
- Understanding of learning skills and strategies needed to support student academic development and success, and computer application competency.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Be a detail-oriented professional with strong organization and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must be able to pass an Edmonton Police Service (EPS) security clearance.
Closing Date: August 24, 2016, job posting may close before deadline date if suitable a candidate is found.
Please quote “Math E-Tutor”in the subject line when applying. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications, including three work-related references, and reasons for applying should be forwarded in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
Tel: (780) 479-9214
We thank all applicants for their interest in Concordia Student Life and Learning. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.