Dr. Mai Hussein
Sessional Instructor – French
Phone: (780) 378-8447
Courses taught at CUE:
- FRENCH 101 (Beginners 1)
- FRENCH 102 (Beginners 2)
- FRENCH 251 (Advanced 1)
- FRENCH 252 (Advanced 2)
- FRENCH 312 (Literature from 18th to mid-20th century)
- STA 495 (Advanced French Literary: Women writing in French)
Other courses taught:
- FRENCH 201 (Intermediate 1)
- FRENCH 211 (Expression écrite II)
- FRENCH 322 (Pratique de la dissertation)
- ARABIC 111 (Beginners 1)
- ARABIC 112 (Beginners 2)
Education and Interests:
PhD, 2014, French, University of Alberta – Canada
MA, 2003, French, Alexandria University – Egypt
BA (Hon.), 1992, French, Alexandria University – Egypt
Teaching and research interests:
French literature, Francophone literature, French Canadian/québécois literature, Comparative literature, Women French writing, French theatre and performance, War trauma and witnessing literature.
Publications and peer-reviewed Article:
- Donia Mounsef & Mai Hussein: "PERFORMING TRANSLOCAL MEMORY: TESTAMENT AND TESTIMONY IN CONTEMPORARY THEATRE AND PERFORMAN" in Revista de Estudios Globales y Arte Contemporáneo, Vol. 2, Núm. 2, 2014, 139-161.
- Article entitled "Seuls ou la palette intermédiale du traducteur" to be part of an edited volume on Translating the Postcolonial that should be part of the series PoCoPages (collection "Horizons anglophones", published by the French university press Pulm (pending FINAL review).
- Co-witten book with Dr. Maha Loay (Library and Information Studies – University of Alexandria – Egypt) on Methodologies of higher studies in Humanities (in progress).