Here are answers to some of CUE Library’s most frequently asked questions. Not seeing your question here? Please contact CUE Library for help.
When is the library open?
- Library Hours
- During the fall and winter semesters from 9:00 pm to 12:00 am Monday to Thursday and from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm Friday to Sunday, your student ID card is required for entry into the library. Minimal library and IT services are provided during those times.
What can the library help you with?
- Understanding citations, bibliographies, as well as essay formatting
- Developing your research and information literacy skills
- Accessing and borrowing library resources
- Answering questions about library services
What can’t the library do for you?
- Doing your research for you
- Proofreading your citations, writing, or assignments
- Grammar and writing consultation – please contact the Writing Centre
How do you get help from the library?
- In-person: drop by the Library Service Desk during our open hours.
- Chat: use the chat-box that is located on the righthand side of the library website.
- Text: 780 800 7330
- Call: 780 479 9338
- Email: email@example.com
Where can you find scholarly articles?
- The best place to find scholarly articles is in CUE Library’s databases.
- You can also search for scholarly articles in the library catalog.
Where can you search for books?
Can you do research from home?
- Yes. All CUE students, faculty and staff have access to CUE Library’s electronic resources (e.g. ebooks, online articles, streaming videos and music) anywhere you have an internet connection.
- To access these online resources you will be asked to authenticate with your CUE email address and password.
What if CUE Library doesn’t have what you need?
- Place items on hold
What is my library barcode and PIN?
- Your library barcode is located on the back of your CUE ID card
- Don’t know your library PIN? Retrieve it here.
Where is a good place to study in the library?
- Basement: collaborative workspace
- This space can often get quite loud over the lunch hour.
- Main-floor: quieter collaborative workspace
- 2nd Floor, Mezzanine, & 3rd Floor: quiet, individual study only
- No talking
- Set your phone to silent
- Make or answer phone calls in the stairwells (and talk quietly when you do)
- If you are listening to music or watching videos, use headphones and keep the volume at a minimum