Concordia University of Edmonton strives to be a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective leaders in their occupations, and citizens for the common good.
Reporting to the Director of Student Life & Learning, the Learning Services Advisor is responsible for overseeing all accommodation assistance for students with disabilities within the institution.
- Coordinate and monitor all accommodation services for students with disabilities;
- Schedule and assist with assessment reviews for student disability documentation, in conjunction with Concordia’s Registered Psychologist, to confirm eligibility for recommended supports and services;
- Meet with students annually to ensure the completion of current Individual Service Plans for those eligible for Learning Accommodation Services;
- Act as an authorized consultant with Student Aid Alberta (SAA) to complete, approve and submit government grant applications for students’ disability-related funding;
- Act as point of contact for faculty and students regarding issues with students’ accommodations and exam scheduling;
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging customer service;
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned to support organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree within Student Affairs, Education Administration, or similar;
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience in a post-secondary educational institution or similar environment;
- Experience working with various types of disabilities;
- Thorough understanding of the Alberta Human Rights Commission’s ‘Duty to Accommodate Students with Disabilities in Post-secondary Educational Institutions’ is required;
- Possess excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively within a multi-faceted work environment, often with frequent interruptions;
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
- Highly motivated, independent, adaptive, and a self-starter; and
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office (specifically, Word & Excel).
Closing Date: Application review will commence March 3rd, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Please forward all documents in hard copy or electronic format to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.