Reporting to the Vice-President International and Research, the International Officer is responsible for the Study Abroad Portfolio which includes the coordination of Recruitment Agents, promoting study abroad opportunities to Concordia students and International office’s day-to-day operations. This full-time role for a 1 year maternity leave.
A day in the life of the successful candidate will include:
- Coordination of the Recruitment Agents; agreements, ensure appropriate recruitment of international students and verify corresponding agent fee.
- Promotion of the Study Abroad program. Creating awareness, engaging students, and managing relationships amongst corresponding universities.
- Develop materials to promote various opportunities through various written materials and social media.
- Organize institutional events such as International Days and Study Abroad Information Sessions to create awareness with the student body.
- Coordinate our summer language program (organize and be the guide for activities around Edmonton and two weekend trips to the mountains in July and August.)
- Social media updates to educate and promote interest in the various programs.
- Coordinate the ongoing administrative duties and assist with the budgetary responsibilities of the international office
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging customer service.
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned to support organizational needs.
Requirements of this role are:
- A University degree in a related discipline and knowledge in the following areas: international studies, issues facing international students, intercultural communication theory and practices, or international education systems would be considered an asset.
- Must possess at least 2-5 years of related progressive work experience.
- Strong verbal and written language skills are required. Having the ability to communicate proficiently in a second language, is an asset.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and on an interdisciplinary team is essential.
- Demonstrated strong communication, team and customer service skills, and an ability to exercise good judgement within established guidelines.
- Well-developed project management skills with a strong attention to detail and demonstrated time management skills to meet corresponding deadlines.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Design Suite, database management, and experience with Google.docs, is required with an aptitude to learn other software as required.
- Proficiency in the use of social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) as well as the planning and management of social media strategies.
- For outings off campus, a class 5 drivers’ license would be required.
Closing Date: Application review will commence April 14, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer, so Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Candidates must be able to successfully pass an employment security check.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.