Do you have 5 years experience in HR and are looking to take the next step in your career? If so, the Human Resources Department of Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) invites applications for the position of Human Resources Officer.
Reporting to the HR Director, this full-time permanent position will work closely with all levels of faculty and staff by providing HR support to Concorida’s various stakeholders. Being a true generalist role, it will be comprised of the following duties:
- In partnership with supervisors, facilitate and support the recruitment and selection for various roles within CUE.
- Consult on issues related to employee relations and performance management.
- Handle general HR enquiries and employee benefits.
- Coordinate onboarding and exits for CUE employees.
- Update and build a framework within CUE’s HRIS (Avanti) and facilitate accurate timely HR reporting.
- Policy development and provide advice/assistance on policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Conduct job evaluations and advise on staff development.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of CUE’s HR systems and practices.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An undergraduate degree or diploma and CHRP designation is required.
- Minimum 4-5 years direct HR experience.
- Effective recruiter and the ability to advise employees on various issues.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HR best practices and relevant legislation.
- Strong communication and written skills, with a customer service attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Able to manage multiple project deadlines.
- Experience with employee benefits program.
- Able to maintain confidential information and manage information within privacy regulations.
- Technical aptitude for HR information systems, especially Avanti would be considered an asset.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office
- Must be able to pass an Edmonton Police Service (EPS) security clearance.
Closing Date: August 26, 2016 Job posting may close before deadline date if a suitable candidate is found.
All applications should be forwarded in confidence to: email@example.com. Please quote “Human Resources Officer” in the subject line when applying.
We thank all candidates for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.