- A four-year baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution
- An admission grade point average of 3.0 (on Concordia’s 4-point scale) or equivalent on the most recent 60 credits (equivalent to two years of full-time study) of post-secondary study. For degrees earned outside of Canada or on a different grading scale, please contact our office for grade equivalency and include the institution's name and location (province and country).
- Demonstrated fulfillment of the English Language Requirement
Applicants should read the information on this page before applying. For more details, please see Section 13.0 'Graduate Programs' in our most recent Academic Calendar. For additional program-specific requirements, please go to the department websites:
Master of Information Systems Security Management (MISSM)
Master of Information Systems Assurance Management (MISAM)
Master of Arts in Biblical and Christian Studies (MA)
Graduate Certificates in Public Health (GC-PH) in Leadership (LD) or Strategic Communication (SC)
** APPLY ONLINE NOW! **
1. Complete the graduate admission application.
- Submit a complete graduate admission application online.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Canadian citizens & permanent residents: CAD $35.00
- International applicants: CAD $100.00
- Applicants can pay the fee online by credit card at the time of application submission or later. For other payment methods, please contact the Student Accounts Office directly (see below).
2. Complete the application requirements.
(All sealed official documents must be sent directly by the issuing institution to our office. Please do NOT send unsealed documents or copies as they cannot be used for admission purposes.)
- Transcripts: Sealed official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions ever attended or currently attending – regardless of the length of attendance and whether or not courses were completed.
- Transcripts MUST meet our requirement or they will NOT be accepted – no exceptions. Please see the 'FAQ' page for more details on our official transcript requirement.
- English Language Requirement: All applicants whose first language is not English are required to demonstrate ONE of the following requirements, regardless of citizenship or country of origin:
- Applicants meet the requirement if they have a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution where English is the primary language of instruction. (The Faculty of Graduate Studies reserves the right to determine whether a particular institution is recognized as an institution in which the language of instruction is English.)
- A satisfactory score on one of the approved English language proficiency exams:
- TOEFL: minimum iBT score of 80 (CUCA Institution code: 0916)
- IELTS: (Academic Module) minimum overall score of 6.0 with no individual band below 5.5
- MELAB: minimum score of 85
- CAEL: minimum overall score of 60 with at least 60 on each subtest
- Additional program-specific requirements (such as a resume, security clearance, etc.)
Intake International Applicants Domestic Applicants
Spring (MAY) 2012: MISSM & MISAM January 9, 2012 March 1, 2012
Fall (SEP) 2012: MISSM, MISAM & MA May 1, 2012 June 30, 2012
Winter (JAN) 2013: MISSM, MISAM & MA September 1, 2012 November 1, 2012
GC-PH programs – Applicants are assessed every two months on an on-going basis. All applications and admission requirements must be received by our office at least three weeks before the start date of the course(s).
- Once the complete application and all the application requirements have been received by our office, the application file will be reviewed for completeness and accuracy, which may take up to 2 weeks. Then the complete application file will be assessed by the Dean and the Department, which may take another 2 weeks.
- Applicants will receive the final decision by email. Those who are offered admission will also receive an acceptance letter and a blank acceptance form by both email and mail. (For international applicants who receive admission offers, the assessment letter will be emailed first and the hardcopy will be sent later with the CIC letter.)
- Applicants will be required to return the completed acceptance form, signed and dated, and pay a non-refundable pre-registration deposit as follows:
- Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents: CAD $400.00
- International Students: CAD $2500.00
- For more information on deposits and fees, please visit the ‘Tuition & Fees’ page or contact the Student Accounts Office (see below).
- For international students, once the pre-registration deposit is received, a letter for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will be issued and sent by courier. This letter will allow the applicant to apply for a study permit and/or visa for Canada, if necessary.
- Our office does NOT issue CIC letters for programs that are delivered online, such as Graduate Certificate in Public Health programs.
- International students should email our office when they obtain their study permit and also let us know the expected date of departure.
- New students will be contacted by email regarding registration approximately 4 weeks before the first day of the semester. Those who need to register earlier may contact our office by email.
Questions about the application process or requirements: email@example.com.
Questions about the MISSM or MISAM program and courses: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Questions about the MA program and courses: email@example.com.
Questions about the GC-PH programs and courses: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about fees and payment: email@example.com or 780-479-9201