Wednesday, August 8, 2018 from 8:00am to noon
How do companies like Apple, Proctor & Gamble and Eastman use design thinking to create exceptional offerings and innovate ahead of their competition? – The customer is at the centre of their business model.
By incorporating design thinking into their business core, they have been able to effectively leverage the design process. Concordia University of Edmonton can provide you with an understanding of the design thinking tools and processes, as well as provide real world experiences to practice your knowledge.
This half-day design thinking workshop has been created to offer business professionals and entrepreneurs an in-depth, hands-on comprehensive introduction to the design thinking process. Through immersive dynamic discussions, relevant readings and team exercises, you will practice your knowledge with several design challenges. You will discover new possibilities and leave with an understanding of how you can make a greater contribution to your organization’s success.
This workshop is ideal for anyone who is tasked with problem solving and looking for new approaches to develop innovative solutions. The structure of this workshop is particularly useful to teams from the same company who want to tackle an organizational design thinking challenge.
The workshop will assist you to:
- Learn and apply the fundamentals of design thinking
- Gain an understanding of how to approach wicked problems and plan for success
- Establish a framework for building an environment that fosters creativity
- Develop ways to collaborate across all areas of your organization
- Start to build a practical design thinking toolkit that can be applied to your daily work
- Unlock your creative potential
- Create the foundation for a more customer centric team and organization.
Workshop fee includes all training material, refreshments and participant certificate of completion.
The workshop runs from 8:15 am to noon with registration starting at 8:00 am
Space is limited to 12 participants, so register soon.
For more information, contact: