Are you passionate about language and the connections it creates among people? Do you pride yourself on your experience in teaching English as a second language? If so, Student Life & Learning is accepting applications for a part-time Instructor position (20 hours/week). This position will be from January 9, to April 30, 2017.
- Providing English language grammar, composition, reading, speaking, and listening instruction to international students and English Language Learners.
- Plan and deliver learning activities with flexibility to accommodate students’ needs.
- Provide appropriate evaluation and feedback to students.
- Maintain records of achievement, attendance, and other student related information and report as required.
- Identify resources and equipment appropriate to support curriculum/course demands.
- Practice good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work cooperatively in an interdependent team environment.
- Manage the classroom to ensure a safe and optimum learning environment.
- Abiding by the policies and procedures of Concordia University of Edmonton in the review and development of individual language assignments as well as overall language skills.
- Requires a minimum degree in education or a related field.
- Two years of ESL teaching or tutoring experience is required.
- TESL Certificate from a TESL-Canada approved training program (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Be an effective Instructor with strong organization and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience with various learning strategies to support student academic success.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a member of a team.
- Understanding of various English language proficiency tests (i.e. IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, FCE, CLB), an asset.
- Experience in a post-secondary environment an asset.
- Must be able to pass an Edmonton Police Service (EPS) security clearance.
Closing Date: November 9, 2016
Job posting may close before deadline date if suitable a candidate is found.
Please quote “ESL Instructor” in the subject line when applying in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest in Concordia. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.