Concordia University of Edmonton strives to be a community of learning and grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective leaders in their occupations, and citizens for the common good.
Reporting to the Vice President of Students, the Director is responsible for supporting students inside and outside the classroom by offering essential services and programs that encourage intellectual, social, cultural and physical development, as well as opportunities to explore local, national and international interests that complement the academic curriculum.
- Lead and represent Student Life and Learning in the day-to-day operations, ensuring safety of students, consistency of practice and maintenance of optimum service levels;
- Support and facilitate activities amongst staff, students and community partners that ensures the University achieves its student leadership development and engagement goals;
- Provide advice on policies and procedures in relation to students and services for students, including risk management; and
- Plan, organize, and direct activities and services that support students in assigned areas, and ensures that such activities and services remain with budgetary limits.
- Masters within Student affairs, Education Administration, or similar;
- Five (5) years demonstrated administrative experience in a post-secondary educational institution;
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to provide direction, mentorship and support;
- Highly motivated, independent, adaptive, flexible self-starter;
- Possesses excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills;
- Promotes cohesion and teamwork, facilitating a collaborative and supportive environment;
- A highly engaged leader who seeks out opportunities, develops new possibilities, and implements them effectively;
- Knowledge of Concordia University of Edmonton’s culture, challenges, goals, and stakeholders would be considered an asset.
Closing Date: Application review will commence March 8th. 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer, so Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Candidates must be able to successfully pass an employment security check.
Please forward your cover letter and CV in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only these selected for an interview will be contacted.