CCS Chinese Teaching Summer Seminar GraduationPosted on: Jul 17, 2017
Concordia University of Edmonton’s two-week Chinese Teaching Summer Seminar concluded successfully on Friday, July 14.
The participants received completion certifications from CUE and Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters (Beijing). They expressed their high level satisfaction towards the quality of the lectures and workshops. A lot of praise was given to the diversity of the lecture contents and the hands on experiences during the workshop.
The 45-hour seminar explored the following topics:
- Guided Reading Pedagogy in Bilingual Education
- Chinese Vocabulary Acquisition
- Chinese Vocabulary Teaching Methods, Plans and Strategies
- Reflection on Chinese Education from Chinese Visiting Teachers in Alberta
- The Task and Role of Oversea Chinese Language Teachers
- Introduction of International Curriculum for Chinese Language Education
- Implementing Cultural Elements in Chinese Language Classroom
- Body and Mind Power Teaching: An Alternative Way of Teaching
- The Role of Mini-Movie in Chinese Language Classrooms
The Centre for Chinese Studies would like to thank all the invited presenters for their amazing presentations. The CCS also wants to thank the dynamic and engaged participants from around the province.
We look forward to see you again next year. Check out the photos and video below.
Concordia University of Edmonton – Building Bridges