Part-Time Resident Assistant
The Resident Assistants (RAs) work for Residence Life within the Student Life and Learning Department. This is a live- in position, therefore, successful applicants will be provided a single-room at the double-room rate in the assigned residence hall in addition to monetary compensation. The RAs will be trained on a number of topics central to Residence Life to ensure preparedness when responding to student issues and executing events engaging community members. RAs are on an on-call rotation to respond to after hours’ emergency/non-emergency situations for all communities on campus. RAs are critical supports within on-campus communities, they role model positive behaviours, and encourage leadership within communities. RAs create a space for community members to approach them with their issues, provide referrals to other resources within the community, and operate with utmost integrity and honesty.
- Participating in on call rotation to provide after hours support to community members.
- Create and administer programs that align with the Community Plan for the year. This includes educational programming as well as regular wellness checks with residents.
- Ensure health and safety standards are being observed in the communities and report any issues that arise.
- Ensure that Community Standards and House Rules are followed.
- Attend weekly team meetings, as well as, bi-weekly one-on-one’s with the Residence Life Coordinator.
- Deliver reports to the Residence Life Coordinator, including but not limited to, Incident Reports, Community Resolutions, Maintenance Reports, Programming Logs and On Call Logs.
- Participate in 5 days of mandatory training before classes start for the semester.
- Participate in Residence Orientation.
- Be present for move in/move out.
- Be a positive role model and student leader on campus.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Must be enrolled in Concordia University of Edmonton for 2018/2019 academic year.
- Must have completed at least 2 semesters at a post secondary institution with a minimum GPA of 2.3.
- Must not participate in over 15 hours per week of off-campus work. Possibility of external employment must be discussed with the Residence Life Coordinator during the application process.
- Previous experience in Residence Life is an asset.
- Previous experience in student leadership positions is an asset (Student Group Executive etc.)
If you are interested in the above mentioned position and have completed at least 1 semester of studies at any post-secondary institution in North America, please submit your resume, cover letter, references from an individual you have supported plus two professional references (work/volunteering etc.) to email@example.com.
Please keep in mind that only selected applicants will be called for an interview and the position will remain open until filled.