Human Resources Assistant
Closing Date: June 20, 2018
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a boutique university, small enough where every student is essential yet large enough for a global outlook. We’re constantly seeking the right balance between teaching and research, between specialization and adventurousness. Our ultimate goal has not changed since 1921: to create a community of active citizens, of good and honourable people. Our vision is to become Canada’s pre-eminent small university.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Assistant will play an integral role in the day-to-day coordination of activities related to the operations of the Human Resources Department while maintaining positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders within the Concordia University of Edmonton community. The Human Resources Assistant will ideally be a recent graduate with a Human Resource focus eager to gain valuable entry level Human Resource experience.
- First point of contact within the HR office; answer general employee questions.
- Create and coordinate Sessional and Hourly employee contracts.
- Maintain the Student Information System (SIS) database for all active employees.
- Create packages and assist with the Orientation of new Faculty and Staff.
- Maintenance of the HR department email to facilitate general questions and recruitment.
- Coordinate employee events (2 potlucks and an annual recognition dinner).
- Draft job descriptions and evaluate role classification
- Assist with WCB and STD/LTD claims.
- Participate with compensation evaluation and completion of surveys.
- Maintain records management and ordering of supplies.
- Assist with all recognition initiatives.
- Support pension and benefit administration.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- University degree with a major in Human Resources is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a customer service setting.
- Strong attention to detail with effective organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Solid time and task management skills.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team, as well as, independently.
- Work well under pressure and meet varying deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Successfully pass a security clearance.
Closing Date: Application review will commence June 20, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references.
Concordia University of Edmonton
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.