Exam Proctor – Part-Time – Learning Services
Concordia University of Edmonton strives to be a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective leaders in their occupations, and citizens for the common good.
Reporting to the Learning Accommodation Services Advisor, this part-time casual role (15-20 hours/week) will support the smooth and efficient administering of learning accommodated exams to students with disabilities. The Exam Proctor adheres to the Testing Centre procedures and protocols as set out by the Learning Accommodation Services (LAS) area to support student success.
The successful candidate will work variable hours throughout the academic semester to proctor exams for students registered with Learning Accommodation Services. Typical hours will range between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday with some hours outside of regular hours, as required.
This position is expected to start in early September 2017 and end early May 2018, with the possibility of extension.
- Strict observance to confidentiality, academic honesty, respect for the privacy regulations, and security in the handling of exam materials and dealing with students.
- Maintain a secure, professional, and minimally distracting testing environment.
- Follow approved accommodations and instructions as provided on the Exam Checklist Form.
- Verify valid identification of examinees and distribution/collection of issued testing materials.
- Administer computer/paper-based exams according to testing guidelines.
- Ensure the smooth progress of the exam sessions by assisting with any issue that might emerge (technical or other).
- Documenting incidents occurring during exams (i.e., late arrivals, questionable behavior, etc.).
- Dealing with student inquiries during the exam process and to contact the LAS staff should the Exam Proctor be unable to address students’ questions.
- Performs other duties consistent with the mandate of the Student Life and Learning Department.
- Previous proctor experience or experience in a post-secondary setting is an asset.
- Verbal and oral language proficiency in the English language is a required.
- Must be confident to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Interest in working with students and adults from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to be punctual and abide by Student Life & Learning Departmental policies and procedures.
- Commitment to academic honesty and to keeping privileged information confidential.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to exercise good judgement.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and experience with Google.docs, is required.
- Comfortable using a laptop computer.
- Must be able to pass a security clearance.
What we offer:
Closing Date: Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Candidates must be able to successfully pass an employment security check.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.