Assistant Professor in Mathematics
Closing Date: February 1, 2018
Concordia University of Edmonton is a community of learners engaged in a process of continuous and mutually supportive learning that recognizes the importance of academic knowledge, information literacy, understanding Indigenous peoples, international awareness, and wellness. Concordia’s Faculty of Science is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Professor of Mathematics in the Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences. This position is available to begin July 1, 2018.
Concordia University of Edmonton is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of approximately 2200, Concordia is known for its small class sizes and its excellence in teaching. Our small classes, and diverse student population, provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way unique within the Canadian University system. Concordia is also an institution that values research in the sciences, social sciences, humanities and management.
An understanding of the logical and mathematical aspect of the world around us is key to providing new perspectives on some of the major issues we face today. Our Bachelor of Science programs introduce students to a new way of thinking and provide avenues of research and discovery that could lead to solutions which impact the world around us. The Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences offers three- and four-year Bachelor of Science programs in Mathematics to fulfill the demand for logical and innovative thinkers in today’s global economy.
- PhD in a Mathematical Sciences discipline (Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent).
- Must demonstrate potential for excellence in research and teaching.
- Experience in statistics will be considered an asset.
The normal undergraduate teaching assignment is 9 hours per week each semester in the first year and 12 hours per week each semester for subsequent years. In addition, the successful candidate must assume academic administrative duties and will be committed to growing the diversity of and building professional relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the broader community.
Interested individuals may contact Dr. Rossitza Marinova at email@example.com.
All application packages must be directed to the Office of Human Resources, as specified below.
Closing Date: This position will be filled subject to budget approval. Application review will commence February 1, 2018. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience as per Concordia’s Faculty Association Collective Agreement.
Application packages must include:
- A cover letter (including a statement of citizenship/immigration status);
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of refereed publications;
- Transcripts of all graduate-level courses;
- A teaching portfolio including a statement on teaching philosophy;
- Recent student evaluations;
- A statement describing past experience in activities that promote diversity and inclusion, broadly understood, and/or plans to make future contributions; and
- Three confidential professional and/or post-secondary letters of reference forwarded to the following address under separate cover by the referees.
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.