Assistant Professor, Education
Closing Date: April 1, 2018
The Faculty of Education at Concordia University of Edmonton invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Education. The position is available to begin July 1, 2018.
Concordia University of Edmonton is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders and citizens for the common good.
The Faculty of Education works to strengthen the understanding of, and commitment to an embedded approach to Indigenous Peoples’ Historical and Cultural Topics, and to comprehensive school health and wellness. The successful candidate will be expected to take a role in the implementation of the newly approved Master of Education in Educational Leadership including some graduate level teaching, and possible supervision of graduate students.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Earned Doctorate in Education;
- Demonstrated contributions to the undergraduate program, including teaching undergraduate courses.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Teaching/administrative experience in an Alberta school district;
- Expertise in additional domains including instruction, planning, assessment, research methodologies, or educational technology,
- Demonstrated contributions to the graduate program, including teaching of graduate courses and supervising graduate student research, and
- A minimum of 5 years of successful teaching experience.
Priority will be given to applicants whose research and scholarship include one or more of the following areas:
- English Language Arts Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Psychology
- Mathematics Education
- Curriculum Studies.
The normal undergraduate teaching assignment is 9 contact hours per semester in the first year and 12 contact hours per semester for subsequent years. In addition, the successful candidate must assume academic administrative duties and will be committed to growing the diversity of and building professional relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the broader community.
Interested individuals may contact Dr. Edgar Schmidt, Dean, Faculty of Education for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Application review will commence April 1, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience as per Concordia’s Faculty Association Collective Agreement.
Application packages must include:
- Cover letter (including citizenship/immigration status);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Transcripts of all graduate-level courses;
- A teaching portfolio including a statement on teaching philosophy;
- Recent teaching evaluations;
- A statement describing past experience in activities that promote diversity and inclusion, broadly understood, and/or plans to make future contributions; and
- Three confidential professional and/or post-secondary references forwarded to the following address under separate cover by the referees.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.