Concordia University of Edmonton invites applications for the position of Application Developer. This is a full-time, permanent position within the IT Services department, reporting to the Chief Information Officer.
The successful candidate will utilize Delphi, PHP, and related technologies to develop and maintain Concordia’s in-house software. Maintaining our Student Information System will be a focus, with an emphasis on integration with internal and external software and services.
- Develop, maintain, and support desktop and web applications using Delphi, PHP, and SQL;
- Troubleshoot and respond to production/testing issues;
- Perform unit testing;
- Review business requirements and recommend appropriate system changes/design features;
- Perform technical research and requirements analysis to design and implement new functionality;
- Write systems-level documentation; and
- Other duties consistent and assigned to the role.
- Technical Diploma or Degree in Computing Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in software development and maintenance (experience with Delphi is considered an asset).
- Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Windows application development
- PHP and related Frameworks
- Database architecture and design
- Unit testing, debugging, and maintenance
- Ability to set priorities and work independently is essential.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Work well under pressure to meet various deadlines.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude to learn new programming languages and technologies.
- Must be able to pass an Edmonton Police Service (EPS) security clearance.
Closing Date: Application review will commence April 29, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Concordia is an equal-opportunity employer. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
All applications, including three work-related references, salary expectations and reasons for applying should be forwarded in confidence to:
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
Tel: (780) 479-9214
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.