Concordia University of Edmonton’s Board of Governors (the Board) provided the bargaining team with the mandate to engage in an interest-based bargaining approach, with the following interests/criteria to guide Concordia University’s negotiations at all times:
- Support Concordia University of Edmonton’s commitment to institutional quality and fiscal sustainability;
- Strengthen research and scholarship capacity and accountability;
- Strengthen teaching capacity, recognizing excellence in teaching outcomes;
- Update Collective Agreement to align with new university Mission and Vision;
- Retain and attract faculty who are excellent researchers, scholars, and teachers;
- Remain competitive relative to comparator universities; and
- Retain capacity to efficiently manage the university based on a total compensation model for faculty and all staff.
The Concordia University of Edmonton bargaining team continues to work within this board mandate, reporting progress to the Board on a regular basis.